1788 Tree age: 0 yrs Tree height 0 m
- The Times is first published in London
- The beginnings of the French Revolution
- Mozart composes his last music
- George Byron, English poet, is born.
1805 Tree age: 17 yrs Tree height 5.2 m
- The Napoleonic Wars and the Battle of Trafalgar: the British naval fleet, led by Admiral Horatio Nelson, defeats a combined French and Spanish fleet off the coast of Spain. Admiral Nelson is fatally shot.
1835 Tree age: 47 yrs Tree height 13.1 m
- Charles Darwin arrives at the Galapagos Islands aboard HMS Beagle.
- Mark Twain, American author, was born.
1853 Tree age: 65 yrs Tree height 15.4 m
- Start of the Crimean war.
- Vincent van Gogh, Dutch painter, is born.
1889 Tree age: 101 yrs Tree height 19.4 m
- Preston North End football club win the Football League, the first league in the world.
- Eiffel Tower opens in Paris.
- Charlie Chaplin, film actor and director, is born.
1914 Tree age: 126 yrs Tree height 20.3 m
- First world war begins
1939 Tree age: 151 yrs Tree height 21.2 m
- Second world war begins
2010 Tree age: 222 yrs Tree height 23.9 m
- OneOak tree is felled