Making the most of woodlands
Practical workshop on woodland management planning and stakeholder engagement
The Sylva Foundation, BioRegional and the Forestry Commission warmly invite you to attend this free event which aims to help you identify and realise the opportunities which exist from managing your woodlands.
These event will take place in the following locations:
- Surrey Hills AONB on Thursday 31st May 2012, 9.30am to 3pm, lunch included
- The National Trust’s Ashridge Estate on Tuesday 19th June 2012, 9.30am to 3pm, lunch included
If you would like to register for your free place at either one of these events, please so do by following the relevant link below:
Well-managed woodlands can potentially provide you with a host of benefits and opportunities. This event will support you in working with your woodland by:
- Identifying possible markets for your woodland products with a session on producing for the woodfuel market.
- Introducing free tools and resources to help you manage your woodlands.
- A practical interactive session in the afternoon to demonstrate their use.
Experts will be on hand to advise you on aspects of management such as surveying and increasing the productivity of your woodlands.
The day will include the launch of a new resource to help in your engagement with your local community and other stakeholders who you may need to deal with through your woodland work, and as part of the process of developing an UK Woodland Assurance Standard management plan. The new guidance pack and free promotional materials will help to guide you through this process, and a local woodland owner will be there to offer their first hand experience.
Please feel free to pass this invitation to anyone you think may be interested in attending.